Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Submission must be written by an undergraduate student.
- The submission demonstrates a significant advance in understanding a current topic.
- The submission has not been previously published, and is not currently under review by another institution or publication.
- The submission adheres to the stylistic requirements that are consistent with the citation style most commonly used in the discipline being submitted. Please indicate which citation style is being used. (e.g. APA, 7th Edition; Chicago, MLA, etc.)
- Submissions must NOT be in PDF format (OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF file formats are acceptable), and be at least 2,000 words in length, single spaced, in Times New Roman font size 12, with one inch margins. Separate sections in the body of the paper must include appropriate headings.
- All material submitted to URJ must report original research and will be screened for similarity using software provided by Turnitin.
- If a paper is suspected of academic dishonesty, URJ reserves the right to reject or retract the work after publication. Investigations involving academic dishonesty may be pursued through faculty advisors, associate deans, professors who review the paper prior to submission, and the author’s current institution. These actions may be taken before or after publication.
- In instances where research was conducted with human or animal subjects, the author(s) must confirm they have been granted the required research ethics approvals.
- URJ currently accepts submissions from undergraduate students across Canada. However, preference will be given to submissions where the primary author is a student at the University of Regina.
- URJ reserves the right to collect and publish data regarding academic dishonesty.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.